Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Tintin in the Congo: missing color plates from b/w facsimile?

Pharaoh
#1 · Posted: 3 Jun 2008 05:00
According to this page, there were 4 coloured plates in the original 1931 book. Why are they missing from the English Fac-Simile of 2002 which had that same cover?
http://www.free-tintin.net/english/nsurb.htm
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 3 Jun 2008 09:30
Those 4 coloured plates look like they're from the 1946 revision of Tintin in the Congo, not the original 1931 book. That's my guess anyway.
Harrock n roll
#3 · Posted: 11 Jun 2008 10:51
I don't believe the colour plates were in the original 1931 book. I think they were added to the later (1937?) Casterman republishing of the black and white album.

The colour plates are present in the 2004 English facsimile, with the Ford model-T cover.
calculite
#4 · Posted: 20 Dec 2011 20:46
Harrock n roll:
I think they were added to the later (1937?) Casterman republishing of the black and white album.

What exactly are these color plates?
snowybella
#5 · Posted: 4 Oct 2017 09:46
calculite:
What exactly are these color plates?

Although I know that this message was posted a looooong time ago, I'll answer it for future readers - the colour plates are large, one-page pictures showing a scene from the adventure, like the ones (Haddock, Tintin and Snowy in the desert, for example) we see in The Crab with the Golden Claws.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!