Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Official Tintin books /

Tintin in America: English black and white facsimile review

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Rocky
#21 · Posted: 9 Dec 2004 16:43
Hi,
It looks like the Last Gasp 'Tintin in America' facsimile is now available (Amazon.com), has anyone bought it? I was wondering whether it's any different from the UK edition (its cover looks different on the website).
Richard
UK Correspondent
#22 · Posted: 9 Dec 2004 22:26 · Edited by: Richard
I would think that the copy on Amazon is the same as the UK edition, and the cover that is shown on Amazon's site is the original mock-up, before the finished layout had been arranged. I think the same can be said for the Cigars cover shown on Amazon - it will (hopefully) look more like the original French edition when it's printed.
tom
#23 · Posted: 30 Dec 2004 02:25 · Edited by: Admin
I was wondering if anyone responding to this thread was from Australia? and what information they would have on the availability of facsimile editions in Australia. I did see a rather shabby looking facsimile copy of America in a rather shabby looking comic store in a Chinatown - but what about mainstream bookstores (Dymocks, Borders, Kinokuniya etc)
--
[Note from Admin: g'day, Tom! The album has yet to hit the major bookshops here (Sydney/Illawarra region; will be checking Melbourne soon) - for any news regarding the album's availability, just keep an eye on the "Tintin in America black and white facsimile - news, release date" thread.

The "Tintin in America - English black and white facsimile" thread (this very one you are reading) is for in depth discussion on the album.

For general discussion on the facsimile books, there is the thread, "Tintin black and white facsimiles - general discussion".]
MoonRocket
#24 · Posted: 4 Jan 2005 21:39
My copy of the black-and-white version of "Tintin in America" arrived today, and I was quite pleased with it. I especially liked the four color inserts. On the back is a list of more books in the series, and I looked on Amazon.Com to see if any other black and white facsimiles had been released. Turns out that "Cigars of the Pharaoh" is due out this spring!

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!