Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Official Tintin books /

Alph-Art: Does Haddock become a hippie?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

dupont804
#11 · Posted: 1 Dec 2013 21:50
This doesn't relate hugely, but I also read somewhere that he shaves his beard off also! Tintin has a Peace Symbol on the side of his helmet in Picaros too!
GSC
#12 · Posted: 24 Dec 2013 20:34
dupont804
Wait, when did he shave his beard? I don't remember that anywhere.
dupont804
#13 · Posted: 9 Jun 2014 07:38
GSC
He was going to near the end of Alph-Art, I believe. But Hergé passed away with only plans of this. Sorry this reply was about half a year late!
BlackIsland
#14 · Posted: 1 Dec 2014 17:57 · Edited by: Moderator
I wonder about this; had Haddock made a radical transformation, I wonder how it would have sat with fans if the book was finished?

Hergé was always thinking about things, he had that type of brain.
jock123
#15 · Posted: 2 Dec 2014 10:25
BlackIsland:
had Haddock made a radical transformation, I wonder how it would have sat with fans

I'm not sure that I'd have worried; I don't imagine that Hergé was considering it a permanent alteration to the Captain, just one of his many passing fancies, like his spell as a monocled country gentleman.

If there had been more comic mileage in it, he might have carried it across into another book, but just as likely the Captain would have cast his eye about, and come up with some new hobby to pursue or lifestyle to try.
BlackIsland
#16 · Posted: 19 Jan 2015 14:47
jock123
Could be. Most of the time with things like this fans wouldn't want to see that type of change as radical as it would be...especially if it was over the top. When he became that country gentleman it last for a very short time. Becoming a hippie and shaving his beard off would be really strange. It wouldn't have fit his personality because he was an older irritable guy with a cool vocabulary.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!