Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Flight 714: Plane landing - gripping!!

rodney
#1 · Posted: 4 Apr 2012 23:59
Just reading Flight 714 again, there are many posts I could start up from this! It’s an adventure which is really growing on me and really highlights just how confident Hergé was with his character development..

The plane landing on the island on pages 16 - 17, pure suspense!
It's like straight out of a movie complete with storyboards!
Every panel has a unique purpose and keeps you thinking, 'how's it going to end'?
A subtle, gifted touch is the introduction to our chief villains of the tale although Hergé is clever enough to not let us know who they are just yet, masterful…
Upon reading this short sequence again I can really imagine Hergé would have been a gifted screenwriter for film, his plot elements and pacing are perfect…

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!