Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Seven Crystal Balls & Prisoners of the Sun: National Geographic Magazine, February , 1938

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 16 Jan 2018 20:25
I have in my possession The National Geographic Magazine, Volume LXXIII, Number 2, published in 1938.

This magazine features a huge article, The Incas: Empire Builders of the Andes.

I believe this was one of Hergé's sources for The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun. It is a fascinating read.

I'm not looking to sell but I'm curious to know its value today – at the time, it cost 50c.

Would anyone know how much this magazine is worth?
dedemax
#2 · Posted: 17 Jan 2018 10:27
I don't know the value, but did you notice that the author of illustrations is "Herget"... similar to Hergé, (in French anyway)... curious, isnt'it ?
jock123
#3 · Posted: 17 Jan 2018 12:35
number1fan:
Would anyone know how much this magazine is worth?

Hard to say, but you can find good copies for sale for between £5 and £10, so somewhere in that region sound about right.

It's been said half jokingly that a) nobody has ever thrown away a copy of The National Geographic, because they are so nice - they just sit forever on shelves or in doctor's waiting-rooms; and b) the world will eventually be crushed under the combined weight of all the issues that have been sold over the decades...
number1fan
#4 · Posted: 20 Jan 2018 09:50
dedemax:
but did you notice that the author of illustrations is "Herget"

It was the first thing I noticed.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!