Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Official Tintin books /

Tintin in America: Prequel in "Le Petit Vingtième"

Shivam302001
#1 · Posted: 11 Sep 2018 15:31 · Edited by: Moderator
I recently acquired the prequel to Tintin in America published in Le Petit Vingtième before the start of the actual adventure. As far as I can understand the French (and I am pretty poor at it) it has got 3 parts.

First there is an interview between Jamin, Tintin and Snowy to discuss Tintin's oncoming adventure.
An interesting thing that I found out from this is that Tintin actually knows Quick and Flupke and moreover, recommends them to Jamin in his absence.

Next there is a conversation between Tintin and Snowy in their apartment who discuss the criminals they evidently have to face in Chicago.

Then there is another bit where Tintin receives couriers from all around the world acknowledging his work and inviting him to their places. They receive some from America too and naturally, Tintin and Snowy's conversation shifts there.

Can anybody check whether I have got my information correct because, at present, I have no confidence in my French. Any further information is also welcome.

P.S. I know I am not allowed to give links to unofficial sites but can I at least mention the name of the site so that others can check them out too? As far I know this site has already been mentioned in the forums.

Moderator Note: No, you may not mention the names of unofficial sources - it's not a game we are playing here, so looking for loopholes or how to get round the rules just isn't on: we are trying to keep the site open and free for all to use, and that is what the rules are there to protect.
Please re-read our Rules and Policies if in any doubt. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

The Tintinologist Team
snowybella
#2 · Posted: 12 Sep 2018 02:13
Here is the thread for the extra scenes, or prequels and sequels, of Tintin in the Congo.

As far as I can tell, this was done for every Vingtieme adventure. If you want to understand the words, maybe you can either get a French dictionary or put it into Google Translate (not the most accurate, but better than nothing)?
Shivam302001
#3 · Posted: 12 Sep 2018 04:30
Good idea! I will Google translate the whole thing once I get time and if there is anything new I will post it here.

Here is the prequel to what happened before Cigars.

As for the unofficial sites, you can rest assured I won't mention them in these forums. Thanks for clearing it up.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!