Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Red Rackham: What happened to Max Bird?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Richard
UK Correspondent
#11 · Posted: 21 Feb 2005 20:08
Incidently, Max Bird stowed away on board the Sirius in Belvision's rewriting of "Red Rackham's Treasure". It's interesting, to say the least ... he ends up grappling with Tintin on the sea bed, trying to cut his oxygen pipe.

Max Bird as Akass ? I'm intrigued, and it does make sense.
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#12 · Posted: 21 Feb 2005 20:13
was Max Bird at all discussed as being the villain in Alph-Art?

From memory, I think the only *true* link with The Secret of the Unicorn was the presence of Ivan Ivanovich Sakharine at Akass' mystical gathering. But who knows how the story might have progressed...?

Ed
Harrock n roll
#13 · Posted: 21 Feb 2005 20:34
was Max Bird at all discussed as being the villain in Alph-Art?

Nitpickers note: The possibility of Max Bird as Akass was brought up already here.
OJG
#14 · Posted: 21 Feb 2005 21:16
I hadn't thought of the clues towards the stowaway which ended up being Calculus. It would hint towards Max Bird, what with the Thompsons mentioning his sighting earlier on. The reader could easily enough be led into thinking it was Bird on board. It never occured to me while I was reading it though, I must say. I guess it may have been a way of getting the reader's interest. I still think that this was probably a secondary reason for mentioning Bird though; I reckon the main reason for it was a way of incorporating the Thompsons into the voyage.

And I think Max Bird as Akass is certainly the most likely of all the possibilities we've discussed.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!