Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Official Tintin books /

Calculus Affair: Disproportionate frames, or visual tricks?

szplug
#1 · Posted: 17 May 2005 20:48 · Edited by: Moderator
At the expense of incurring the wrath of fellow Tintin fans , I have felt in two frames of The Calculus affair that Herge has somewhat lost out on his sense of (drawing)proportion. Both these frames are large ones and are at 2nd row page 38 and bottom row page page 13.

In the former the horse cart and specially the Horse looks bigger than the other objects and in the page 13 frame the blue car looks to be relatively larger than the other vehicles like the Ice cream van.

Of course I might be mistaken because the horse could be of a breed similar to a Clydesdale and the car could be one of those huge gas guzzling American cars of the fifties.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 18 May 2005 19:45
I think that the car is just a very big one - one of the cars next to it is a Volkswagen Beetle, a small car, so I think it's just the stark contrast between the two.

The horse scene is trickier - it does indeed look a bit out of proportion, but I suppose, like you say, it could just be a larger breed. It's no Shetland pony, to be sure !

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!