Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Hergé and Studio Hergé /

Hergé on the BBC

george
#1 · Posted: 1 May 2006 10:08
Although not enormously useful, and it doesn't claim to be fully comprehensive, the BBC now have an on-line catalogue that you can search for details of broadcasts.

A search for Herge brings up some interesting entries, including a couple of episodes of Newsnight ( 04 March 1983: "Donald MACCORMICK in studio with obit on George Remy (Herge), creator of the character TinTin.") and a programme titled Them and Us ("Prog. about culture & creativity in modern Belgium") which included Herge as a contributor.

http://open.bbc.co.uk/catalogue/infax/

George
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 1 May 2006 19:29
I used to have a copy of an interview with Hergé on BBC Radio, conducted upon the release of Tintin and the Picaros in 1976/77 if I remember correctly. At the time I was surprised by how good his English was. There may still be a copy of the interview floating around on the Internet.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!