Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Hergé and Studio Hergé /

Hergé posing as a villain?

Klow
#1 · Posted: 28 May 2009 13:17 · Edited by: Moderator
I'm rather intrigued by a b/w picture of Herge, with a cap and smoking.

It's prominently used now on the homepage of http://www.museeherge.com/

Herge looks like some kind of 60's crime movie villain! And I'm not the only one who thinks so. Please take a look at this site to know what I mean:

Link to external site removed

(I've mentioned this curious website (in Dutch, unfortunately) once before. It seems to exist for over a year now, but it is literally a hidden gem as it features no external links (as if the webmaster, a life time tintin collector, is not interested in visitors...).

Anyone know where and when this picture was made?

Moderator Note: As the site to which you link heavily features fan-art, the link has been removed pending discussion with Admin. Please do not link to that site in the meantime. Many thanks for your cooperation.
The title for the thread has also been made a little more “family friendly”…
cigars of the beeper
#2 · Posted: 29 May 2009 01:25
Well, I would say that he does not look entirely friendly in that picture, and that one might not guess that he was a cartoonist.
Klow
#3 · Posted: 29 May 2009 10:26 · Edited by: Klow
This is what a friend told me:

"He's most definitely not a villain, he's... Jackie Stewart!"

And concerning the Moderator Note:

I understand your restraint on this. Though you have to admit it is kind of funny: removing a link to a website which, as I've noticed yesterday, "is literally a hidden gem as it features no external links (as if the webmaster is not interested in visitors...)."

True, the blog 'heavily features fan-art' but it really 'heavily features' daily thoughts, analyses and the well-written adventures of a life-long Tintin collector. I think this site is unique in its inner look into the world of collecting. The articles about Tintin auction fraud were the first I've ever read about this subject. Too bad these revelations are published in Dutch only!
jock123
#4 · Posted: 29 May 2009 13:10
Klow:
"is literally a hidden gem as it features no external links (as if the webmaster is not interested in visitors...)."

I don’t follow this, to be honest - why would the lack of links from the site indicate that? That just seems to me that he is actually holding on to whatever visitors he has, rather than letting them browse on through once they are there, it doesn’t make him “hidden”.
Klow
#5 · Posted: 29 May 2009 13:58 · Edited by: Klow
But aren't you almost invisible when you're not linking to other sites?

I mean, there is some common agreement in cyberspace: if you're linking to my site then I will link to yours... Don't you agree? There is not one single link on this extensive Tintinblog and, along with the remarkable content, I think that's quite unique (and foolish too...).
jock123
#6 · Posted: 29 May 2009 20:10
Klow:
But aren't you almost invisible when you're not linking to other sites?

No, you’d be invisible if you didn’t appear in search-engines, but I don’t think that is based on the links to or from your site.
Klow:
there is some common agreement in cyberspace: if you're linking to my site then I will link to yours... Don't you agree?

To be honest, I don’t think that holds true at all - add to which the majority of people don’t have a web-site to link to anyway, even though they use the internet: they search, they find, they go where they want to go - end of transaction.
Abhishek Ghosh
#7 · Posted: 20 May 2010 14:59
He does looks like a bit of Gregory Peck.
ilovetintin
#8 · Posted: 20 May 2010 21:30
KlowHe does look like a villian!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!