Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Hergé and Studio Hergé /

Is there a “bible” for using the 'Ligne Claire' style?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

cuthbert
#21 · Posted: 1 Aug 2005 10:07
Danagasta, is there a site where you post your work? I'd very much like to see it.
ClaroQuerido
#22 · Posted: 13 Aug 2005 01:58 · Edited by: ClaroQuerido
Eyes: I noticed that Hergé in general uses 4 'types' of eyes in his pictures - the standard type (just black dots), the 'clear' type, the big type and the Oriental type.
I guess 'standard' are for any colour eyes except very light coloured, where (I guess) the 'clear' or empty circle 'stand for' clear, light coloured eyes, for example, Captain Haddock.
The 'big' type eyes are the ones on Captain Chester for example, or the Fakir (probably denotes staring, bulging or just big eyes).
Finally Oriental type eyes for Oriental people, kind of a dot with a line drawn through it.

There are extra bits added to the eyes however:
heavy lids: e.g. Nestor;
'eyebags', e.g. Haddock; or 'deep set, where a small curved line is drawn just under the 'dot', or along side it, e.g. the Spanish professor in Shooting Star.
tantan
#23 · Posted: 31 Oct 2005 07:40
Richard, I looked for the books "Comment naît une bande dessinée" and "Hergé et Tintin, reporters".

Unfortunately both are out of stock. All I could do was to drool at the pictures of the front and back covers at alapage.com.

Anyway, I'm very interested in the BD style of comics, from an artistic/comics-creation perspective.

If you guys could recommend any books on the subject or Herge-related books that are still in print, I'd appreciate it.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!