Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Hergé and Studio Hergé /

[Closed] Help needed with a 10-minute lecture on Tintin

guy venables
#1 · Posted: 10 May 2005 11:12
Hello,Guy Venables here.I'm doing a ten minute lecture about tintin in a club in Brighton (joogleberry playhouse)on Thurs night and wondered if anyone had any "little known" facts about tintin or Herge or if there was a website of George Remi's biography.Thanks for any help. Guy
jock123
#2 · Posted: 11 May 2005 13:59
With respect Guy, you’ve left it a bit late to be doing your home-work, haven’t you?? ;-)

Perhaps if you were to give some details of the nature of the talk - who is your audience? How old are they? Is there a purpose to the event? - then the assembled masses might be able to offer some input appropriate to the topic...

Hope it all goes well!
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 11 May 2005 16:37
Yes you've left it really late, not really sure what you can cram into ten minutes either.

Perhaps talk about your favourite album and how it came about, plenty of titbits available in various resources.

Rik
tybaltstone
#4 · Posted: 11 May 2005 19:16
If the audience knows nothing about Hergé (but they'll know Tintin, even if just from the animations) then interesting things include how his name came about, his troubles in the war, mistakes in the books (eg. upside-down bananas), how close he came to the real moon-landing, his meticulous resaerch, his studio system, who his characters may have been based on, lesser-known and less successful comics (eg. Jo, Zette & etc.), Captain Haddock's 'language', Tintin's name in other languages.... just off the top of my head! I think you could fill 10 minutes if you talk very quickly.

Good luck with it -
Garen.
jock123
#5 · Posted: 12 May 2005 09:46
I forgot to mention that there is of course the Hergé Timeline on this very site, if you want a potted biography of Hergé.

Other topics might be that the books have been re-written and re-drawn over the years, as few “civilians” probably know about the black and white versions of the albums. For a British audience you could perhaps look at the three versions of Black Island
snafu
#6 · Posted: 12 May 2005 15:57
Also, "Tintin in the Land of the Soviets" and "Tintin in the Congo" are rare in the first place.

You could also speculate how you might want to finish "Tintin and the Alph-Art".

Hope everything works.

This topic is closed.