Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

DC Comics: "Teen Titans Spotlight on the Brotherhood of Evil" and Tintin pastiche?

advnarayan
#1 · Posted: 7 Sep 2005 15:31
Guys, could you help me in this regard?
About 15 years back, before I became a Tintinophile, I read a pastiche - I don't remember the title or the comic.
From what I can recollect, a gung-ho guy (he looks like Tintin, but is more than 6 feet tall, with a Schwarzenegger-type of physique, and calling himself "Tin"), together with a sailor (a visibly aged Haddock, with white hair) and a Calculus-sort of scientist went for a trip, I guess in outer-space. What followed was a sort of Flash Gordon adventure.
The comic was in English, and the style that of DC and Marvel.
Have any of you read this, and if so, could you please rekindle my memory?
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 7 Sep 2005 16:34
I think it's probably Teen Titans Spotlight on the Brotherhood of Evil, issue 11, published by DC in 1987. It was illustrated by Joe Orlando and scripted by Jean-Marc Lofficier, one of the authors of the Pocket Essential Tintin. If you do a search for the title, you should be able to find a few images (I don't want to link to them in case it's forbidden).
marsbar
#3 · Posted: 8 Sep 2005 00:04
A couple of sample images can be found on our "Spot Tintin in other artworks and comics" page.
advnarayan
#4 · Posted: 9 Sep 2005 03:49
Yes! That is the comic I was looking for - thanks guys!

Could the Moderators provide a direct link to "Spot Tintin" on the home page itself...?

Narayan

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!