Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

[Closed] How to get unofficial books without breaking the rules

midnightblueowl
#1 · Posted: 4 Jan 2006 17:02
There are many sites on the internet which have the unofficial books on them to view for free. I have found Rodier's Alph-art black and white in french and in col. in english, breaking free and tintin en Thailand (although this sites a little dodgy - you could download a virus, all on the internet. And what's more, I don't think that it's breaking forum rules to tell you how to get them. If it is i'm sorry and don't post this article. I just think that people should get these books for free.

I don't know if it's not allowed to do this but I hope it is as your not paying for the book and therefore Moulinsart aren't losing out so this site has Tintin and alph-art by Rodier, in colour, in english, as well as tintin in the new world and several other unofficial books at [link deleted]

--
Moderator Warning:
The rules are VERY clear midnightblueowl: NO linking to, or discussing where to obtain, unofficial material is allowed.
If you continue to disregard the guidelines for posting, your posts may have to be pre-moderated.
The Not-Too-Happy Tintinologist Team
tybaltstone
#2 · Posted: 4 Jan 2006 17:44
It's not just the money aspect, but something like Tintin in Thailand (which I have never seen, actually, and have no interest in doing so from what I've heard) also diminishes Tintin on a creative level. It is Moulinsart's job, quite correctly, to protect that as well as any financial interests. Hmmm... not sure your links will last long here, midnightblueowl, but I understand your intentions.

This topic is closed.