Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Prisoners of the Sun inspired comic

redcloud
#1 · Posted: 12 Jun 2007 15:00
My work is very much inspired by Tintin, although it might not be obvious. I'm been reading tintin adventures my whole life so it must have gotten in somehow.
Take a look and tell me what you think.
Thanks everyone!

Moderator Note: Link broken 10/2009, so removed.
redcloud
#2 · Posted: 24 Jun 2007 14:19
Coming soon...Here is a preview and a bit of background on the story...

Moderator Note: Link broken 10/2009, so removed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niedzica_Castle#The_legend
redcloud
#3 · Posted: 28 Jun 2007 10:22
This was one of the references herge used as an inspiration to his inca trilogy, its really a love story and you can read it here;

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~jakovzaper/RedCloud/Tears.htm
jock123
#4 · Posted: 28 Jun 2007 13:50
redcloud
This was one of the references herge used as an inspiration to his inca trilogy, its really a love story and you can read it here
I’m not sure I follow what you mean - are you saying that Hergé used a version of the story you are telling (with vampires etc.) as the basis of his books? It’s obviously not possible that he used your comic as his starting point (although that is actually how your post read the first time I looked at it!). Anyway, I’m not sure I’ve ever read that anywhere before, so do you have any evidence for your idea?
redcloud
#5 · Posted: 28 Jun 2007 14:39
Whoa...That's pretty funny, that Herge used my comic...First of all, its not a story about vampires, im simply using that because it is one of the tales that ties in with the legend. Most of it is actually recorded history and since this is the most famous case of an 'inca curse' there is little doubt that herge used it as a source of inspiration. I've read this in a couple of places. I'll try to find some to show you all. But above all, this is my own interpretation of that story and im just pointing out the similarities that exist between this and herge's work.

Moderator Note: In regard to this and especially your previous post, please try and use upper- and lower-case when posting: it makes what you have to say easier to read, especially for those who may not have English as their first language. Many thanks!
The Tintinologist Team
Tintinrulz
#6 · Posted: 12 Jul 2007 15:42
Redcloud, good art there. You certainly have talent (even if I can't see any similarities to Herge's work as you say).
Points for originality.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!