Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Wanted: Spike and Suzy, Bob and Bobette, Willy and Wanda - in English

allyuk
#1 · Posted: 1 Dec 2008 00:02
Hi everyone, I am a avid reader of Tin Tin I remember reading some Willy Vandersteen books as a child and I fell in love with the series. I have been trying my hardest to track down Spike and Suzy, Bob and Bobette, Willy and Wanda My dream is to own the whole English collection.

Does anyone know a good supplier?

Secondly can anybody point me in the direction of any further reading materials similar to the works of Herge and Vandersteen.

Thanks.
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 1 Dec 2008 10:24
Welcome to the forum allyuk!

Bob & Bobette (or Spike and Suzy) are currently published by Intes International in English - They were also published as Willy & Wanda in the US by Hiddigeigei Books. The Spike & Suzy books can be easily picked up on amazon.uk and other online suppliers.

Check out this thread from a few years ago which lists a number of the stories published in English.

As for other Franco Belgian comic books in English; I recommend Cinebook who are publishing Blake & Mortimer, Lucky Luke, Yoko Tsuno and many, many others.

Also, we have a number of threads for characters which are published by Cinebooks, like Blake & Mortimer. I recommend you do a forums search for these.
tovayeah
#3 · Posted: 23 Feb 2009 23:02
Hi,

I just listed a bunch of Willy & Wanda comics on ebay. Take a look.

Tovayeah

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!