Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Anyone up for a new "inspired" work

blistering_barnacles
#1 · Posted: 14 Jul 2009 09:19
I'm currently in the process of writing a new adventure story, set in the current era, but keeping with the adevnture/comedy/social insight of Herge. I've written and drawn comics before, and have another illustration project on my hands at the moment, so don't want to launch single-handedly into a new project.

Would anyone like to collaborate?

Let me know if you do, and if you've got any samples that'd be grand!

b_b
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 14 Jul 2009 09:56
Of course, you're not talking about a *new* Tintin work, are you? Tintin inspired perhaps?
NikkiRoux
#3 · Posted: 14 Jul 2009 11:05
What do you mean by "collaborate"? Does it mean you want to partner up with someone? For samples, are you asking for ideas or drawings and sketches, or anything else?
blistering_barnacles
#4 · Posted: 14 Jul 2009 15:43
Aha, harrock, of course I mean an inspired work, creating a parody/pastiche/pirate of Tintin would be pretty pointless as I would never be able to publicly admit that I made it, and could never show it anywhere.

Nikki, by collaborate, yes I'd like to partner up with someone, mainly for principle drawings, then I'd help with backgrounds etc. I have a series of ideas for storylines, though of course this would be open to input to create a better comic. So yes, drawings and sketches initially, but also ideas.
NikkiRoux
#5 · Posted: 15 Jul 2009 03:06
I'm interested. What do I do?
blistering_barnacles
#6 · Posted: 15 Jul 2009 04:39
Excellant, do you have any examples of artwork, or ideas?

Might be better to carry this on away from the Tintinologist forums. I've a Comicspace account at

http://www.comicspace.com/russ_stearman/

You can see some _very_ early art stuff from me there, and more importantly you can private message me there and I'll tell more. Or email me at marquisdestearman [at] yahoo.co.uk

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!