Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Identification Wanted: Painting of Tintin in a bar drinking whisky

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

chelsbern
#21 · Posted: 12 Oct 2011 21:44
Limited edition of a print of Tintin sat in a bar, smoking and drinking whisky, by Esteve Fort in 1983. A beautiful picture, about which I know nothing - anyone help me please? Thank you.
Moderator Note: Moved to existing thread.
The Happy Tintinologist Team
Mattyg14
#22 · Posted: 19 Jan 2013 18:16 · Edited by: Moderator
Does this poster/print have any value to a collector?
Moderator Note: Moved to existing thread.
The Happy Tintinologist Team
pirlouit_sf
#23 · Posted: 15 Sep 2017 23:23 · Edited by: Moderator
25 years ago before I moved to the US, I bought a drawing of Tintin, Hadock and Milou (snowy) all sad and drunk at a bar with the newspaper reading that Hergé had died. I think it was from a spanish artist as an homage to Hergé.
The poster was large and I guess it was a reproduction of an original color pencil drawing.

I lost the poster during one of the many moves and have never been able to find it online. If someone has a link to it, I'd be happy to just see it again online.

Thanks

Moderator Note: Welcome! You'll see if you read this thread to which your post has been moved that this is a topic which has come up before.
However, due to our policy on not giving out information on where or how to obtain non-official works, we can't offer you advice about finding it, or links to where you can see it.
We hope you understand.
The Tintinologist Team
aroo
#24 · Posted: 13 Oct 2017 20:33 · Edited by: Moderator
Hello! I've trying to track down a print of this painting from the 1000x that were made in 1983. I've seen many different kind of prints but I never knew what the original prints look like. The logos and marks at the bottom of the print seem to be in different places so I guess there are "re-print-prints" out there. I don't want to pay for a "fake". Any help? Thanks!

Aren't the 1000 copy prints "official"? I'm sorry if I'm discussing things that are not allowed. I have 0 knowledge about art or copyright what and whatnots.

Moderator Note: This is definitely a grey area; it seems that the original print was sanctioned, but no further copies approved, so the originals probably are "safe". However, they are scarce, and unofficial copies abound, so it's hard to separate them, and we really can't get involved in trying to make distinctions, so anyone who has information, please be absolutely certain that you are dealing with an original.

If you are really determined, you might be able to find an original print on eBay, but you may have to resort to trying one of the big sales that auction houses sometimes hold.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!