Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Ligne claire style self portraits

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Danagasta
#1 · Posted: 11 Jul 2005 18:32
Siyo nigadawu!
Has anyone done a ligne claire self portrait before? I thought this would be a really fun topic to start....

Courtney
jockosjungle
#2 · Posted: 11 Jul 2005 21:22
I have never heard of the term Ligne Claire Self Portrait, can you provide more information?

Rik
Danagasta
#3 · Posted: 12 Jul 2005 02:22
It's a self portrait drawn in the style Herge pioneered, the ligne claire style. There are a lot of people who draw in that particular style, and I've been wondering if anyone decided to do it.

Courtney
cuthbert
#4 · Posted: 12 Jul 2005 12:29
www.freewebs.com/flamingpies

On the first page, the boy with the glasses and the beatles-haircut is me. The girl with dreadlocks is my ex-girlfriend.
Danagasta
#5 · Posted: 12 Jul 2005 14:34
Aw man, it says it can't display the page....
I have to install a new scanner soon, and then I'll link to mine!

Courtney
Richard
UK Correspondent
#6 · Posted: 12 Jul 2005 17:08
Here's mine - it's a little old, but still bears enough of a resemblance.
Danagasta
#7 · Posted: 12 Jul 2005 18:27
I like that one Richard! I'm coloring mine in right now, but I should have it up in a day or two. The only thing that will take a while is matching the skin tone well, but that's always a given with using markers vs. colored pencils.

Courtney
Charles
#8 · Posted: 18 Aug 2005 19:07
Richard--

Your self-portrait quite a bit like me!

Makes me wonder if part of the sine qua non of ligne-claire is how lots of individual traits are smoothed over, as it were.
Karaboudjan
#9 · Posted: 18 Aug 2005 22:03
Whoah, that's amazing!

I'd like to try but sadly lack the drawing skills...
ClaroQuerido
#10 · Posted: 19 Aug 2005 21:27
Makes me wonder if part of the sine qua non of ligne-claire is how lots of individual traits are smoothed over, as it were.

Yes, I would agree with you there. But its amazing how most of Hergé's characters are really individual despite being drawn in this style.

Also, has anyone noticed that the cover of Blur The Greatest Hits is done in ligne claire style? (The one with the four band members' faces).

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!