Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q21: About wound-dressings in Tintin

yamilah
#1 · Posted: 14 Jun 2006 18:06
Wound-dressings, band-aids, mummy or POP bandages are common in Tintin, but are usually nameless.

Which one is given a name ('trademark'), in which album, and on which page?
kirthiboy
#2 · Posted: 16 Jun 2006 06:38
Any clue, yamilah?
yamilah
#3 · Posted: 16 Jun 2006 08:02
Here is a clue:

This trademark doesn't appear in the speech bubbles (nor in De Abdallah a Zorrino book)!
yamilah
#4 · Posted: 16 Jun 2006 18:57
One more clue: this trademark can be seen on an island.
kirthiboy
#5 · Posted: 16 Jun 2006 21:57
Is the trademark "Flexoplast" sticking plaster; Captain Haddock uses in "Flight 714" p(32) to shut Rastapopoulos' and Dr. Krollspell's mouth?

Flexoplast:
A strong adhesive bandage used for immobilisation and for holding dressings in place as well as for compression bandaging. Applied over Equiwrap, it provides extra strength and security and helps repel water, dirt and exterior contamination.
yamilah
#6 · Posted: 17 Jun 2006 11:19
...the trademark "Flexoplast" sticking plaster Captain Haddock uses in "Flight 714" (...)

Actually the roll or spool reads "PLEKOPLAST" (p.32, frame D1, capitalized), but I think you deserve the point!
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#7 · Posted: 17 Jun 2006 22:13
One point to kirthiboy then, and his turn to pose the next question.

Ed
kirthiboy
#8 · Posted: 17 Jun 2006 23:19
Actually the roll or spool reads "PLEKOPLAST" (p.32, frame D1, capitalized), but I think you deserve the point!
I guess I read it wrong in a hurry! I was leaving my computer when I figured it out and wanted to post the reply before I left.

One point to kirthiboy then, and his turn to pose the next question.
Thanks!

This topic is closed.