Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q28: Triskaidekaphobia in Tintin?

kirthiboy
#1 · Posted: 31 Jul 2006 22:11
Since yamilah passed his chance at the question, I thought I might have a go at it...
In which book do you see the effects of a superstition related to triskaidekaphobia and what are the three characters affected by it (if assumed the superstition has an effect on them)?
Also, which page gives you the clue to this superstition?
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#2 · Posted: 2 Aug 2006 19:58
A fascinating question Kirthi, but nobody seems to want to try and answer! As we're nearing the third day without a response, perhaps you could give a clue.

Ed
kirthiboy
#3 · Posted: 2 Aug 2006 21:15
Clue: Triskaidekaphobia is a fear of the number 13. It is usually considered to be a superstition. A specific fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia or friggatriskaidekaphobia.
yamilah
#4 · Posted: 3 Aug 2006 15:58
Maybe the answer to this question is 'facetious kirthiboy', because the 'fear of a phobia' implies a pretty good state of mental health?
kirthiboy
#5 · Posted: 3 Aug 2006 18:22
I am sorry; I never thought this question would be tough knowing some previous questions made in the trivia!

The answer is:
Land of Black Gold
Characters effected by it - Thomson, Thompson and Senior Research officer
Page that gives the clue - Page 6 Frame 1 Box 2
You see the date on the calendar Friday 13 August!

Moderator Note: It's possible that the reason nobody could answer this question is that the date shown on the calendar in the original and the English editions is the 18th of October... Has anyone a copy which says 13th...?
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#6 · Posted: 3 Aug 2006 23:35
The next question is open to anyone to pose, except kirthiboy.

Ed
thmthm
#7 · Posted: 4 Aug 2006 04:10
What do you call a fear of the words paraskavedekatriaphobia or friggatriskaidekaphobia?;)
marsbar
#8 · Posted: 4 Aug 2006 04:45
I believe it is called "supercalifragilisticexpialidocia". ;-)
kirthiboy
#9 · Posted: 4 Aug 2006 07:25
Its called Verbophobia but supercalifragilisticexpialidocia works too :P

This topic is closed.