Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q76: Unarmed Tintin

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Balthazar
#1 · Posted: 30 Oct 2006 16:28
There are only four Tintin books (I mean completed ones) in which Tintin is not pictured holding a gun in his hand (or hands) somewhere in the story. Three of these are The Shooting Star, Tintin in Tibet and The Castafoire Emerald. What is the other one?
yamilah
#2 · Posted: 30 Oct 2006 18:45
I'd say King Ottokar's Sceptre, but I don't have the books at hand to check it.
labrador road 26
#3 · Posted: 30 Oct 2006 18:52
I can answer that it is not King Ottokar's Sceptre because Tintin holds a gun in two frames on page 51. I haven't found which book it is unfortunately.
yamilah
#4 · Posted: 30 Oct 2006 19:03
Thanks for helping.
Then I'd say Destination Moon.
lintondrums
#5 · Posted: 30 Oct 2006 21:54
i know.....i know.......is the answer within the book of tintin and the black island. The part were tintin is within the cave and muller is inspecting the forged bank notes. Tintin comes out and surprises them with his pretend gun.
Balthazar
#6 · Posted: 30 Oct 2006 23:11
Hello. Sorry for the slight delay in answering these; I've been out all evening.

All wrong so far, I'm afraid.

As labrador road 26 correctly points out, Tintin briefly wields a gun when apprehending the two accomplices of the man fleeing with the sceptre.

In Destination moon, he holds a gun in one frame at the bottom of page 21 when apprehending the agent at the ventilator grill (before being shot himself by a hidden agent called Jim).

And in The Black Island, although it's true that he does merely pretend to be armed as he enters the forgers' printing press room, he quickly gains possession of a real gun (and even fires it on three occasions during the pages that follow).

So, sorry; keep trying!
Captain Chester
#7 · Posted: 30 Oct 2006 23:48
Is it, by any chance Tintin in Tibet?

Captain C
Tintinrulz
#8 · Posted: 31 Oct 2006 00:12
I'd say Tintin in Tibet since there isn't any evil men/things in it. But I could be wrong. He may have had a rifle when he went to 'visit' the Yeti.
labrador road 26
#9 · Posted: 31 Oct 2006 01:08
Chester and Tintinrulz, you better read the question one more time. Tintin in Tibet is already mentioned and it is not the one Balthazar is looking for.

As for me, I still haven't found which one it is.
Harrock n roll
#10 · Posted: 31 Oct 2006 01:09
I think the answer is The Calculus Affair. That’s assuming you regard being in possession of a tank ‘unarmed’ :-)

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

This topic is closed.