Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q172: Tintin in Tuxedo

tintinspartan
#1 · Posted: 9 Apr 2007 07:36
Well, This is tintinspartan's first time setting up a question here, so here's the question:

Name 2 adventures which Tintin wore a tuxedo?

This requires good knowledge of Tintin and the clothes he wore. I got a leisure question for you and this does not result a mark.

What was Captain Haddock's real rank in the Navy?

Happy guessing!
tuhatkauno
#2 · Posted: 9 Apr 2007 08:54
hello tintinspartan

I hope I am wrong but Tintin doesn't wear a tuxedo anywhere. As I said I am probably wrong but I must ask did you perhaps mean Captain and a tuxedo? Captain wears a tuxedo and a tailcoat but Tintin?
tintinspartan
#3 · Posted: 9 Apr 2007 11:26
Uhh.. A clue is that Tintin did wear something that looks like a tuxedo but it's brown colour and Tintin wore a tie. Ok.. We'll make it a bit easy, Name 2 adventures where Tintin wore a suit. (Buisnees Man Type)

P.S: I really don't know how to differentiate between a suit and a Tuxedo. Thanks tuhatkano for that. If the scorekeepers not angry, I'll give you a chance to answer.
tuhatkauno
#4 · Posted: 9 Apr 2007 11:46
Hi
Brown coat and a tie.

Broken Ear, 17
Red Rackham, 62

for example, maybe there are more somewhere
tintinspartan
#5 · Posted: 9 Apr 2007 12:07
Tuhatkano, you're half correct back there but in The Broken Ear I'm not sure. You got the Red Rackham Treasure Part Correct! Well, I can't hand it over to you, fully yet just to make way for other answers. I'll get the final results by Tommorrow at around 8-11 am (GMT Time Zone)

Hold your thoughts of setting first because you may have violated Rule 04 again. Let's check with our scorekeeper.
tuhatkauno
#6 · Posted: 9 Apr 2007 12:18
That suits me well.
labrador road 26
#7 · Posted: 9 Apr 2007 14:17
The suit-jacket used by Tintin on page 62 of Red Rackham's Treasure is the same as he uses in some of the previous and later books. Example of it in plain sight is:
King Ottokar's Sceptre page 1-15 and 59-60.
The Crab with the Golden Claws page 6-9.
The Shooting Star page 1.
Secret of the Unicorn page 4-7 and 12.
Seven Crystal Balls page 7-15 and 38-41 (although without tie).
Prisoner of the Sun page 1-5, 9-10, 13-21 and 48.

That jacket surely is worn on other pages under the tan coat. It is not a tuxedo though so I don't really understand your question.
Ranko
#8 · Posted: 9 Apr 2007 16:04
tintinspartan, be a bit careful when setting questions. (I know from experience :-)
"2 adventures where Tintin wears a suit" sounds a little too broad. It's a bit like asking for "2 adventures where Haddock says Bashi Bazouk". As proven by labrador above, there are numerous examples that could be given. How do you determine which two are correct?
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#9 · Posted: 9 Apr 2007 20:57
If the scorekeepers not angry, I'll give you a chance to answer.

I'm never angry ;-)

However as Ranko says, you should take care in wording questions, as setting an impossible question results in a one point penalty.

I say that tuhatkauno gets the point and the chance to set the next question, and labrador road 26 gets a bonus point for his very comprehensive answer.

Please, could all players familiarise themselves with the Trivia Challenge Rules before posting.

Ed

This topic is closed.