Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q174: Oh, Haddock! How many monocles you break?!

tintinspartan
#1 · Posted: 12 Apr 2007 12:09
Hey, i don't know who got the authority to set the question but I believe I was given the right to set this question. Well, In The Seven Crystal Balls, Haddock wears monocles but he breaks many within a short period of time. So, How many times Haddock breaks his monocles?(the count starts from the first frame which Haddock fell off a horse. That was counted as one)

P.S: This question requires swift counting and close attention to all the frames of that album. Hint: Haddock wears a monocle till his last monocle around page 29-30. Good luck!
alvarolino
#2 · Posted: 12 Apr 2007 13:30
If you are considering every time the monocle drops, the answer should be 8 TIMES.
Ranko
#3 · Posted: 12 Apr 2007 15:00
I agree with alvarolino. If the monocle falls from his eye, the answer is eight times. However, are you looking for instances of breakages specifically?
tintinspartan
#4 · Posted: 13 Apr 2007 06:44
Well, you're both correct, Ranko and alvarino. It was 8 times. But specifically it was 9 if you count the event which we didn't see Haddock break a monocle while riding his horse.

alvarino is given the right to set the next question or puzzle and a point. For you Ranko, a bonus point, i guess should be awarded to you. Well done!

This topic is closed.