Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q187: Twin plates

alvarolino
#1 · Posted: 19 Apr 2007 20:28
Hi all,

There are two half-page plates in which the composition similarity is an amazing feature. Where are they? Name of the book(s) and pages are required.
tuhatkauno
#2 · Posted: 19 Apr 2007 21:35
in which the composition similarity is an amazing feature

Sorry, I'm such an idiot, but did you mean that the compositions are similar? :)

If so, you might get plenty of answers.
alvarolino
#3 · Posted: 19 Apr 2007 21:49
Hi tuhatkauno,

Exactly! The composition of the two plates/frames is similar and symmetric. But this occurs just with two HALF-PAGE plates. There aren't too many half-page plates, do you agree?
tuhatkauno
#4 · Posted: 19 Apr 2007 21:53
There aren't too many half-page plates, do you agree?

I think there are. But that's OK

I give you one example
Ottokar, 59
Crystal balls, 49
alvarolino
#5 · Posted: 19 Apr 2007 22:36
Well done, tuhatkauno,
When I posted the question I had not realized the plates you've given as example. But you are right and have solved immediatly. To be precise: you get the point!!! I think it's a fair decision.
tuhatkauno
#6 · Posted: 19 Apr 2007 23:03
Whoops, were those the frames you were looking for? I just had a trial shoot. I took the Balls and China, and then tried to remember where I've seen similar frames. But I was surprised how many half-page plates there were. That's why I said you may get many answers.

Are you still waiting for the right one (I mean the right answer)or extra answers?
alvarolino
#7 · Posted: 19 Apr 2007 23:51
After your answer, I looked for similarities between another plates. But it was an unsuccessful effort. Apart the frames I was looking for (Crystall Balls, 16 and Prisoners, 47) I found only the plates you discovered. Even if there's another pair, you were the first to give a correct answer. So, I think you deserve the point and the turn.

This topic is closed.