Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q193: A lovely answer :)

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

jock123
#21 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 00:09
I’m sorry, toydreamer, but yet again we have a situation where the answer you were looking for was just one of many possible answers, and I think you have to allow that the answers given by tuhatkauno and Ranko are both possible solutions. I don’t think your changing the punctuation really resolved the problem I suggested earlier in the thread.
As a result, I think it has to be said that your question remained open to interpretation, and you may be due to be docked a point under the “impossible question” rule; I think that points must be added to the two “failed” contenders.
Could future question setters please make sure that they provide enough material in the question to remove subjectivity and ambiguity wherever possible, and that the onus is on them to make sure that their answer is unique.
toydreamer
#22 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 01:12
No worries. Dock away.

It was open to interpretation and the roses answer was quite good. The other was almost there. Points sound good. :)
tuhatkauno
#23 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 09:03
hi Jock, Ed or somebody in high places (not God)

About rules:

Is it allowed to answer again after an added punctuation?
I mean the cases when the question remarkably chances.
jock123
#24 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 09:38
tuhatkauno
Is it allowed to answer again after an added punctuation?
Actually I don’t think the situation had been anticipated in the rules as one that would come up.
Ideally a question should be perfected before it is posted.
I think it is probably better that if a change has to be made to a question after it has been posted that the original is left as is, and the revised question is restated in full; that way it is possible to see what the original was, and how it has been changed.
Let’s hope we don’t have to in future!
tuhatkauno
#25 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 09:56
hi jock

Me and my English! (I'm from countryside) Is it allowed to answer to revised question again? Like I and Ranko in Q193. :-)
toydreamer
#26 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 10:22
Out of interest, am I the first person to receive a negative to my tally?
tuhatkauno
#27 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 12:18
Peace,

Sorry I passed you. Worry not my friend, I wanted to know generally how to deal the situation like this. This topic is closed and I asked for further guidelines. As you already have noteced, I'm master to mess up questions. I wasn't criticizing you but asking help how to handle the situation in the future. OK? :-)
jock123
#28 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 12:24
tuhatkauno
Is it allowed to answer to revised question again? Like I and Ranko in Q193. :-)
It will need a bit of thought from the other moderators, but generally in cases where the poster has been asked to revise the question to clarify what they mean or to remove ambiguity, I think that a second answer might be allowed, yes. But as I say, this will need confirmation from the other mods.
This is why it would be best to re-post a question rather than edit the original, as it shows what has been done and why.
toydreamer
Out of interest, am I the first person to receive a negative to my tally?
I don’t know, to be honest.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

This topic is closed.