Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q216: Premonition?

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

labrador road 26
#1 · Posted: 9 May 2007 06:41
At one time Haddock is very close to seeing something that could have given him a clue of what's to come.

We as readers see the clue or connection but it slips Haddock totally by. Another connection could be made by another part of the same thing that Haddock didn't notice and the thing Haddock are doing when the scene occurs. The first connection is also visible on the cover of the same book. (The connection or clue is not necessary for the captain to handle things better in the future just seems funny.)

What's the connection, and what scene is described?

In the scene there is also a third connection visible to something Haddock will later encounter and not like at all.

Not to make this answer collide with something else in the books, Haddock is by himself when the scene occurs.

Sorry for this cryptic formulation, but since I'm swedish I don't know how to word this in a better way.
Ranko
#2 · Posted: 9 May 2007 08:34
Don't be sorry, labrador. Your English is far better than my Swedish will ever be! :-)
tintinspartan
#3 · Posted: 9 May 2007 09:56
Your clue has gave the answer away, it's The Crab With The Golden Claws.

Haddock was dead beat by the heat and Tintin himself has turned into a bottle of champagne before his very own eyes. Haddock tried to unscrew the 'champagne' which turned into attempted murder by strangling Tintin. Snowy knocked a bone on Haddock's head, just in time. Ouch! Well, it's a mirage!

Well, the scene which was also seen in the cover was when Haddock was about to drink a bottle of whisky, which he stole from the Lieutenant at the camp when a bandit shot it.

The third time was that Haddock was furious when another shot has broke his last bottle and was shouting insults and the bandits, as if by magic break away.

Well, get it!
labrador road 26
#4 · Posted: 9 May 2007 12:09
Sorry Tintinspartan, that is not the one. When the answer is revealed you will see that my description works and your doesn't. Good try anyway.

In the scene Haddock is alone, no Tintin or Snowy in sight.
tuhatkauno
#5 · Posted: 9 May 2007 14:43
Are you talking about one particular scene which appears only in one album? And all the three hints concern this one happening?

Or do you mean a scene which appears in three albums and the hints refer to three different albums?
tuhatkauno
#6 · Posted: 9 May 2007 15:01
Tjänare

I try this: Calculus Affair, 42

pair of glasses (also in the cover)
a plaster in nose, problem in the future
and the crash because Captain didn't look forward
labrador road 26
#7 · Posted: 9 May 2007 20:50
Sorry Tuhatkauno that is not the correct scene. The connection or clues if you will are not spotted by Haddock, only we as readers see them. To fully understand them some outside (of Tintin) knowledge is required.

One aspect of the scene in Calculus Affair is similar though.

Clarification: The scene I'm looking for appear in one book and the first and second connection are in the same book as the scene. The third connection are about something from later books.
tuhatkauno
#8 · Posted: 9 May 2007 21:35
I knew you had something different in mind and I didn't understand the question properly. From my point of view the question was extremely difficult, and it took plenty of thinking to invent even one candidat for an answer.

See you in finals Fin-Swe :-)
labrador road 26
#9 · Posted: 10 May 2007 07:29
Well I guess it's time for a clue, this will probably (or hopefully) put you on the right track. The first clue or connection that Haddock misses in this scene is about something sort of connected to one major character that he will very soon come to know.

Really sorry if my sentences make this all seems strange. Not to make the question to easy I guess I have to be so cryptic.
tintinspartan
#10 · Posted: 10 May 2007 07:39
What the F@#$!? Well, I would suggest jock123 could come and help us out. We all tried to work our head out in this! Well, pretty tough I say. Well, The cover did show the clue by blue blistering barnacles! Mutineer!

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

This topic is closed.