Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q236: Glory days

Richard
UK Correspondent
#1 · Posted: 31 May 2007 01:22
In which single album do we find two separate references to events that took place in the Moon books?

Name the album and what's said in both cases.

Edit: I've just discovered this is far easier than I thought, as there's three valid answers. Any will do!
Mark Falconer
#2 · Posted: 31 May 2007 01:37
The Calculus Affair is what first springs to mind: the Bordurian officer congratulates Tintin for being the first man to set foot on the moon; later, Tintin comments that he hasn't driven a tank since his moon trip.

(edit 1) Alternately, you didn't exclude the two Moon books themselves...

(edit 2) Came to me after a bit - but oddly enough, in The Cigars of the Pharaoh, Patrash Pasha's servant holds the book Destination Moon (in the modern English edition) and in the newspaper on page 60 you can make out a headline, "Moon Shot".
As this is before the moon trip, both references are apparently anachronisms, but...
Richard
UK Correspondent
#3 · Posted: 31 May 2007 02:23
Fifteen minutes!
I was thinking about excluding the Moon books, but it turns out there were more answers than I'd initially thought of - and then you mentioned the Cigars ones too! Hadn't spotted those.
Anyway, the other ones I found were in The Castafiore Emerald:
Haddock: "Well done! Splendid!... Better than building rockets and chasing off into the blue." (p.20)
Christopher Willoughby-Drupe: "It's Professor Calculus, who went to the moon with Tintin." (p.23)
And in Flight 714:
Haddock: "We've been invited to the Congress... guests of honour, you know... the first men on the Moon..." (p.3)
Haddock: "Isn't it time you stopped acting the goat?"
Calculus: "I beg your..."
Haddock: "Er... I... er... was saying you... must stop tiring yourself out." (p.7)

So the question setting bounces back to you!

This topic is closed.