Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Catch that quote!

Page  Page 2 of 27:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  24  25  26  27  Next » 

tuhatkauno
#11 · Posted: 9 Sep 2008 11:30
hello Balthazar

Your memory is working well, it is Tintin's phrase after escaping from the blacksmith's forge in Black Island. Well, it is your turn to quote now.
Balthazar
#12 · Posted: 9 Sep 2008 12:32
Thanks, Tuhatkauno. To be honest, I'd been about to make exactly the same erroneous guess as you, Cigars, when you beat me to it and saved me from doing so!

OK, here's another one:

"I'm sorry... I ... had a spot of bother with some sticking plaster. You know what I mean. I managed to get rid of it in the end."

(By the way, IvanIvanovitch, sorry that your alternative "Snowy the Champ" quote question a few posts back got left hanging in the air once we resurrected Cigars's "Hands Up!" quote. Do you want us to go back and try to guess that too?)
Max Bird
#13 · Posted: 9 Sep 2008 13:44
tuhatkauno:
Where can you read this?
"That's what they call putting your head in the lion's mouth!"

Isn't that Snowy in Tintin in Africa?
tuhatkauno
#14 · Posted: 9 Sep 2008 13:55
Hi Mr Bird

Logically the quote should be found in Africa, but as Balthazar revealed, it is in Black Island on page 5. :)
tuhatkauno
#15 · Posted: 10 Sep 2008 05:43
Balthazar
Balthazar:
OK, here's another one:

"I'm sorry... I ... had a spot of bother with some sticking plaster. You know what I mean. I managed to get rid of it in the end."

Good morning Mr. Balthazar, nobody has located your plaster-quote yet. Should I wait a little or should I push this game forward? There are at least three plaster fumbles in the albums, and now we should solve these problems from memory. After all there are two good canditates to pick, but this time I'm pretty sure that the quote is Archie's voice when he was plastering Roberto's and Lazlo's loud mouths in Flight 714. Yep, my decision is Flight 714 and the hilarious confessing / plastering session. :)
Balthazar
#16 · Posted: 10 Sep 2008 13:12
Well done, Professor Tuhatkauno; you've guessed the correct sticking plaster incident. (The quote comes from p.33 of Flight 714.) I was hoping people might guess the original sticking plaster scene from the Calculus Affair, but you didn't fall for that trap!

tuhatkauno
...and now we should solve these problems from memory.

I wasn't suggesting that we had to solve them from memory, a few posts back. I was just suggesting that if we allowed people to make un-looked-up guesses by simply naming the book describing the scene rather than having to look them up and quote the page number, it would make it easier for many of us to play casually (ie, whilst working at the computer away from our Tintin books). I think we should certainly also allow people to look up their answers before submitting them (with page numbers) if they want to do it that way too.

Anyway, back to you for a new quote.
tuhatkauno
#17 · Posted: 10 Sep 2008 15:00
Thank you Balthazar

Balthazar:
I wasn't suggesting that we had to solve them from memory, a few posts back. I was just suggesting that if we allowed people to make un-looked-up guesses by simply naming the book describing the scene rather than having to look them up and quote the page number, it would make it easier for many of us to play casually (ie, whilst working at the computer away from our Tintin books). I think we should certainly also allow people to look up their answers before submitting them (with page numbers) if they want to do it that way too.

I agree your wice words.

Ok this next quote should give a tintinologist enough substance to locate it. Actually it is quite easy after the first shock.

"Whatever happens, hang on tight!"

Where is it?
tintinagalog
#18 · Posted: 10 Sep 2008 15:15
<Tintin!> Ya got it, Balthazar! Just read that portion a moment ago in my newly-bought Black island

And now for tuhatkauno, my guess is that is a very motivating quote straight from Tintin in "King Ottokar's Sceptre". I forgot what exact page is that printed, but that's the frame when he reminded Thomson and Thompson to hold on tight on their motorcycle ride in pursuit of Syldavian agents who shattered Tintin's Labrador Road home.

May I have the turn with this easy trivia? What book episode of Tintin's adventures in which Captain Haddock mentioned these legendary curses "Blistering Barnacles" and "Thundering Typhoons" for the first time? Mention also the frame, strip, and page where they are located.
cigars of the beeper
#19 · Posted: 10 Sep 2008 16:03
Wouldn't those quotes first occur in The Crab With the Golden Claws?
tuhatkauno
#20 · Posted: 10 Sep 2008 17:19
tintinagalog

You got it right, Tintin, Thopsons and a motorcycle in Ottokar's Sceptre (pg. 13) is the answer. And you have already set a new quote to find. :)

Page  Page 2 of 27:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  24  25  26  27  Next »