Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Catch that quote!

Page  Page 5 of 27:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  27  Next » 

tuhatkauno
#41 · Posted: 2 Oct 2008 05:57
Good morning everybody

That's right beeper, it is Archie's opinion on the taste of Loch Lomond. The turn is yours.
cigars of the beeper
#42 · Posted: 2 Oct 2008 16:58
Okay, give me a bit, and I'll find a quote for the game. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I'll be back in a few hours with a quote. Please be patient.

Several hours later...

Okay, and we're back in action...

"Now my friends, hold your breath!...This is an historic moment!"
Where is it?
Dupondt
#43 · Posted: 3 Oct 2008 16:34
Before Tournesol unveils his television in "The Castafiores Emerald" I don't have it handy and can't be sure, all my books are in french, just a guess.
cigars of the beeper
#44 · Posted: 3 Oct 2008 19:12
You're right, Dupondt! I guess it's your turn. Just make sure that it's a quote in the English editions!
Dupondt
#45 · Posted: 3 Oct 2008 23:45
Oh my, I don't have any English editions! So I gracefully surrender my turn to Cigars, or whoever has the English editions!
tintinagalog
#46 · Posted: 4 Oct 2008 11:37
Hmmn... maybe you can post a French quote from Tintin's adventures, then we'll take care of the translations.
tuhatkauno
#47 · Posted: 4 Oct 2008 12:56
tintinagalog:
Hmmn... maybe you can post a French quote from Tintin's adventures, then we'll take care of the translations.

I was about to suggest the same, but the language on this forum is English (that's the policy I suppose). I wouldn't mind if we quote in Latin or in koine-Greek, but it would exclude quite many members from the game :)
cigars of the beeper
#48 · Posted: 5 Oct 2008 16:15
I think, that since Dupondt surrenders his turn, I will give it to Jock, who has not seemed to have had much to do with this game yet. Give us a quote, Jock!
cigars of the beeper
#49 · Posted: 30 Oct 2008 23:41
Okay, this is twenty-five days later, and I want the game to start up again, so I will let whoever sees this first give the next quote.
Captain Chester
#50 · Posted: 31 Oct 2008 09:04
.....pitch some yarn or other to keep them quiet.

CC

Page  Page 5 of 27:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  27  Next »