Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Ligne-claire comics

SingingGandalf
#1 · Posted: 5 Apr 2006 16:12
Hi.
I wish to know more about other ligne-claire comics. The ones I know - Herge's works and the rainbow orchid have been very good, but what others are there?
jock123
#2 · Posted: 5 Apr 2006 17:07
Hi!

Just look down the threads in this part of the forum, and you’ll find many references and recommendations for other “ligne-claire” works - everything from Bob & Bobbette to Blake and Mortimer and the comics of Yves Chaland.

It will give you an idea of what people have said about the books and artists, and also information about those which are available (or have been available) in English.
yamilah
#3 · Posted: 5 Apr 2006 18:20
tybaltstone
#4 · Posted: 6 Apr 2006 11:27
I would highly recommend Edgar P. Jacobs and Yves Chaland. You may also like Stanislas. I'm also enjoying Trondheim's 'Donjon' (Dungeon) at the moment - though much more cartoony and humorous.

Tintinologists who liked this topic also read:
- Franco-Belgian comics in English
- Charland Anthology #1: Freddy Lombard
- Other Herge Studio artists: Blake and Mortimer, etc
- Yoko Tsuno
SingingGandalf
#5 · Posted: 6 Apr 2006 19:37
If you recommend it Tybaltstone, I'll try and get a copy, after all you created the only comic to ever rival Herge in my opinion -The rainbow orchid.

Update:
I've had a look at Yves Chaland's pictures online. It's not as good as Herge or tybaltstone but I haven't been able to read anything yet. The prices seem a little high for online versions as I haven't read them. I very much like the look of Edgar P. Jacobs though, is there his books in english?
tybaltstone
#6 · Posted: 7 Apr 2006 09:48
E. P. Jacobs in English...

https://www.tintinologist.org/forums/index.php?action=vthread&forum=11& topic=183

Have a good look around the forum as I'm sure it's come up a couple of times.

(I wish I had even an ounce of Chaland's sublime talent... but thank you.)

--

Posted: 7 Apr 2006 07:59:28
I think you might like the excellent Jonny Crossbones...
http://www.evilspacerobot.com/comics/jonnycrossbones/archive/index.htm
Biglu
#7 · Posted: 8 Sep 2009 23:33
There’s also Chaland’s The Young Albert, and one more inheritor of Hergé's ligne claire, Serge Clerc!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!