Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Blake & Mortimer: The Cinebook Publications

Page  Page 8 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Rocky
#71 · Posted: 2 Feb 2014 22:12
Many thanks old boy!
harrocknroll
#72 · Posted: 1 Jun 2016 16:58
Any one know the reason why the Blake & Mortimer books are not sold for the Kindle app on Amazon anymore?

Moderator Note: They were on sale when last looked - 16/05/2023 - so situation may have been temporary, or location specific.
mct16
#73 · Posted: 2 Jun 2016 12:16
I can't find any information on the Kindle situation, but an alternative would be izneo.com which sells ebooks of French comics and includes iPad and Android apps.

The Blake and Mortimer series can be found in English and in French - along with many others.
harrocknroll
#74 · Posted: 2 Jun 2016 17:50
Thank you will give it a go .
Sniper
#75 · Posted: 16 Jul 2016 02:09
Today I got an email saying that Part 2 of Professor Sato's Three Formulæ has been shipped.

Cinebook has finally provided all of the original Jacobs' works in English!
george
#76 · Posted: 12 Feb 2017 17:25
Sniper:
Cinebook has finally provided all of the original Jacobs' works in English!

And with the recent publication of The Testament of William S. - bare months after the French original - Cinebook have now brought us all Blake & Mortimer, something I thank and congratulate them for. Fingers crossed for Le rayon "U" (unlikely, I know)!

George
george
#77 · Posted: 28 Dec 2022 15:34
george:
Fingers crossed for Le rayon "U" (unlikely, I know)!

Barely five years later (or 15 years after Cinebook began publication, or 30 since Editions Blake & Mortimer collected the serial, or 50 years since it was first reformatted, or 80 years since first publication...) Le rayon "U" is coming in English for the first time thanks to Cinebook.
Good things come to those... etc., etc.

"Before Blake & Mortimer, Edgar P. Jacobs had created a first comic that has now attained mythical status — The "U" Ray"

More details on their website, specifically the 'Winter/Spring 2023' catalogue.

George

u ray cover
jock123
#78 · Posted: 6 Jan 2023 19:35
Oh! Thanks for that, George - good to know that it's finally coming to English! Looking forward to the release!
Now all we need do is await a super-deluxe collection of the story as originally publlished, combined with this one! ;-)
harrocknroll
#79 · Posted: 3 Jul 2023 18:52
Does anyone know when the digital edition will be released?
george
#80 · Posted: 11 Jul 2023 16:14
Looking at the link on the Cinebook site to Izneo, it looks like it is next week:

https://www.izneo.com/fr/bd/action-aventure/before-blake-et-mortimer-55840

Unless they are using an American date format in which case it'll be in the 20th month of 2023...

I've not read my copy yet as I need to give in and go to an opticians finally. The question is, do I need to do this so I can read tiny text squeezed into a page of Blake & Mortimer, or was it years of reading the tiny text squeezed into a page of Blake & Mortimer that's driving me to Boots?

george

Page  Page 8 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!