Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Inzogoud and Lucky Luke

comixfanboy
#1 · Posted: 2 Oct 2009 17:00
Folks,

As has been previously discussed Spirou and Fantasio (12 comic books), Biggles (14 comic books), Quick and Flupke (11 comic books) were released by Euro books India. Now they have done 2 major releases in the past one month.

Iznogoud (12 comic books) and Lucky Luke (24 comic books) in one go! they are very careful selecting titles and do not pick the titles Cinebook in the UK/US publishes to avoid conflicts! This is great news! A pity they do not directly ship to N. America.

Does anyone have any feedback on how to buy these outside of India?
george
#2 · Posted: 5 Oct 2009 08:25
If you have any luck, do please share. I managed to get three Buck Danny books from one online retailer in India (who are no longer around) but all other efforts have fallen flat - no mail I've sent has ever been responded to.

Their loss to be honest. Now Cinebook are doing Spirou and Buck Danny, and Egmont are doing Q&F, I'm happy to wait for professionally translated editions - the Eurobook Buck Dannys are almost unreadable.

George
comixfanboy
#3 · Posted: 6 Oct 2009 16:22
Hello Folks (George)

I found out the reason. George you must have been lucky to have gotten these 3 Buck Danny books (Were they Buck Danny or Biggles?). Eurobooks India I believe did not publish Buck Danny...

The European copyright holders allow these books to be sold in India for Indian Rupees 199.00 (4 US$) each considering the market volume. A lot more people read English/comics hence larger market. They prefer/have sold rights to others for the European/N.American markets and it would be an unfair competition if they allowed sale in these markets. Hence the reason, that it is for sale in India only. I actually had a friend pick up the 14 Biggles comics and he said he loved it! Glossy high quality paper, 3 in one compilations, hard cover and good English. He did not notice any typos etc. He was not willing to pick up the 24 Lucky Luke's or Iznogoud's considering the weight (several kilos) :-(. According to my research they published completely different books compared to Cinebook. So for Lucky Luke with the 24 Eurobooks version and 20 Cinebook version there are 44 distinct versions available!

George, the best bet to get someone to buy it for you...Sorry!...I can try to pick some up for you. But you will have to collect. Are you based in London (of course I am not going to make any money on this...strictly at cost price). We can take this offline if you wish...
george
#4 · Posted: 7 Oct 2009 09:45
Ooops! You are right, it was Biggles. In fact it included a Biggles book that I already had; one Redfox put out ten years ago!

Thanks for the kind offer, but I'm happy to wait for Cinebook (or whoever) to get around to publishing the titles. I've got more than enough on my reading pile as it is; if I start adding more to it the floorboards are in danger of breaking (I must have several hundred Euro books in translations - where did they all come from? Where did all my money go?)

George
comixfanboy
#5 · Posted: 16 Jan 2010 15:31
Folks,

I ended up buying the Spirou, Iznogoud, Lucky Luke when I was there...I enjoyed reading them! Have not yet gone through them all. Quite a few. It is a pity that they had stacked all these books in one corner of a large book store (think Barnes and Noble in the US) and there was no one except me in this section. Actually for the Lucky Luke (24 books) they were selling them for buy one-get one free offer. All 24 books for 48 USD or 2 dollars a pop!! For you folks in the UK that like 1.2 pounds a book!!

The translation is good. Coming from the US I really did not notice anything major nor did it affect my enjoyment of the book... :-). The paper quality was significantly better than Cinebook. Glossy and shiny like the high priced BDs that Dargaud publishes...

If you are visiting India do not miss out on these!!!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!