Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

R.I.P. Pierre Seron (1942-2017)

mct16
#1 · Posted: 26 May 2017 19:13
It's been announced that Belgian comics artist Pierre Seron died on the 24 May 2017, aged 75.

Seron is best known for his comic series "Les Petits hommes" ("The Little Men"), the adventures of a community of tiny people similar to the Lilliputians of "Gulliver's Travels" or "The Borrowers". He used a style of drawing very similar to that of the popular Andre Franquin.

When I was growing up in France "Les Petits hommes" was one of my favourite series and I collected the albums almost as much as "Tintin" and "Asterix". I even got to meet Seron himself once at a comics exhibition in Paris and, when I brought one of his books, he drew a picture of one of his characters in it for me. I recall that he was a very pleasant and charming man.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!