Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Wanted: Harry Thompson’s “Hergé and His Creation”

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

tybaltstone
#11 · Posted: 7 Jun 2004 08:23 · Edited by: tybaltstone
I'm glad you said that Tintinrulz -I also thought '..New World' was terrible. I didn't finish it.

I very much like the Harry Thompson book, I don't know how many times I've read it - it's very well thumbed.
Tintinrulz
#12 · Posted: 7 Jun 2004 08:44 · Edited by: Tintinrulz
I've borrowed "Tintin: Herge and His Creation" 4 or 5 times now from my library. Its very good though it needs more pictures.
massive
#13 · Posted: 8 Jun 2004 00:04
Hey group starting member here.

I have "tintin and the world of Herge' and have read it several times; it gives a good overview of the books and a bit of Herge's life but really only on the early stuff. I don't get an idea of life in the studio but then agian maybe the idea was to centre on the books.

I did buy 'New world"; and found it increadibly insulting as a Tintin fan!! The cover by Roy Licktanstien(sp?) was very cool but other than that.....
nestor
#14 · Posted: 22 Jul 2004 01:36
I had no idea "Herge and his creation" was so rare, and obviously neither did the book shop i bought it from for $NZ 5.50 (about 2 pounds!). its weird though, becase said shop had first edition english translations for over $NZ50!?
anyway, it is a very informative and comprehensive read.
GurraJG
#15 · Posted: 22 Jul 2004 17:06
On amazon.co.uk I found two books by Harry Thompson. They are Tintin: Hergé and his Creation and Tintin: A Biography. What's the difference between the books?

-Gustav
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#16 · Posted: 22 Jul 2004 18:23
Tintin: A Biography is the hardback edition, whereas Tintin: Hergé and his Creation is the newer paperback edition.
GurraJG
#17 · Posted: 23 Jul 2004 12:13
Oh, thanks for clearing that up.

-Gustav

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!