Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Valuation: "Flight 174" (1968 ) Signed 1st ed.

dpurchas
#1 · Posted: 11 Sep 2005 16:19
I have a UK 1968 first edition hardback 'The Adventure Of Tintin Flight 714'in excellent condition. It is signed by Herge. Published by Methuen. What is it worth? Thanks. Dave.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 12 Sep 2005 08:33
Have you a provenance for it - a history of when and where it was signed? Bernard Tordeur of the Fondation once said he has never been shown a genuine signed copy of a book when given one to authenticate, so there are obviously a lot of forgeries out there, and the better you can show authenticity, the more valuable it would be…
dpurchas
#3 · Posted: 13 Sep 2005 15:51
Hi Jock123
Thanks for the tip. I have just put the book on ebay UK if anyone is interested - will start at 9pm today. It has full details and as much proof of provenance as the owner can provide. Please note I would like to downgrade my 'excellent condition' to only good condition. Pictures on ebay.
Cheers

David
The Poet Zloty
#4 · Posted: 14 Sep 2005 13:59
Interesting. I reckon that Herge definitely was over here in England at the time of the Launch of Flight 714, signing stuff. I have a promotional folder for the book, which includes a press release and - one of the gems of my collection - a BW photo of Herge, signed by the great man himself - the ink has faded rather - but I'm still somewhat proud of it. I paid just £7 for it, believe it or not...

Cheerio

V.
snafu
#5 · Posted: 14 Sep 2005 17:37
£7!! That's quite a bargain; things like that could easily shoot up in value, and when antiques become older, they can command higher selling prices.

Anyway, why sell something like a signed 1st ed. of Flight 714 unless you're trying to make some extra money? It's really special!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!