Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Ellipse-Nelvana: Why Tintin DVDs don't have subtitles?

Lexino
#1 · Posted: 18 Oct 2005 12:34
I am deaf and i love tintin and i have all tintin books including english tintin in congo. I have some tintin videos but they don't have subtitles. But when i watch videos, i already know the story from the books. But it would be much better if vids and dvd have subtitles as dvds and vids sometimes differs from the books

Lexino
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 18 Oct 2005 12:44
My Tintin dvds have subtitles as an option, but I don't think any videos have ever had subtitles.
I buy region 4 dvds normally but my Tintin dvds are region 1 (they hadn't been released in Australia at the time - so I bought them from the US).

What region Tintin dvds do you have?
Lexino
#3 · Posted: 18 Oct 2005 12:55
Region 2 as i live in europe

Lexino
jockosjungle
#4 · Posted: 18 Oct 2005 17:13
When i reviewed the Canadian releases I noted that they had English and French subtitles as an option which was lacking in the R2 releases.

I think it was a poor show on the parts of Anchor Bay as it wouldn't have cost that much to do and is virtually standard on most DVD nowadays

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#5 · Posted: 18 Oct 2005 18:07
It might be worth getting the French release DVDs, by Citel. They're R2, and although they only have two episodes per disc, they've got optional English subtitles. You can order them from Amazon.fr last time I checked.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!