Tintin Quiz
#1 · Posted: 23 Jan 2006 00:52
I have a photograph of a poster titled Tintin's Museum. At the bottom it reads
pa
Etnografiska Museet
Stockholm
8 Juli - 2 Oktober 1983
You can see the photo here.

I'd like to find an original of the poster if any one has any idea where.
celalli
#2 · Posted: 25 Jan 2006 10:13
The photo in the link you gave is the front page of the Le Musée Imaginaire de Tintin book published by Casterman in 1980 (I do not know if picture was anywhere before the book).
Original design by Hergé, Bob De Moor and Michel Baudson. Diddier Platteau, Michel Damaret and Chang Ning Ho are the contributers.

In the book you see images from Tintin albums and explanations for them and different sketches of the same paper for an album drawn by Hergé.
jock123
#3 · Posted: 25 Jan 2006 11:30
celalli
The photo in the link you gave is the front page of Le Musée Imaginaire de Tintin book published by Casterman in 1980

You're right that the image was used on the book, celali, but the photograph is a poster for an exhibition at the Museum of Ethnography in Stockholm in 1983, according to the text across the bottom (I don't speak/ read Swedish, but I think that the translation is close enough for jazz...).

I think that the Musée exhibition which accompanied the book made several stops on the continent, after starting in Brussels in 1979, or there abouts.
Tintin Quiz
#4 · Posted: 25 Jan 2006 15:47
Thanks celalli, I didn't know about the book.
Here's more info that I found using your clue.

The book Le Musée Imaginaire de Tintin was apparently published in English by Carlsen in 1982 under the name Tintins Museum.

Amazon UK has a listing (but no copies) of a title Tintin's Museum by Etnografiska museet, ISBN B0000ED2IG.

I haven't seen any copies of the English translation for sale, but would like to find one.

Moderator Note: As given here, the ISBN number is invalid, as it does not conform to the standard.
The Standards-Conscious Tintinologist Team
Harrock n roll
#5 · Posted: 25 Jan 2006 16:01
Check out my colleague Anders Karlsson's article on Tintin's Museum (albeit a very short one). Anders mentions there that the catalogue to the exhibition was published in a number of languages. I didn't know there was an English edition though - very interesting.
FAsch
#6 · Posted: 29 Jan 2012 17:17
I don't know if this thread is dead, but if you are still interested in the poster, contact me on aschengreenn[at]mail.dk
My poster is from Ã…rhus Kunstmuseum, a couple of weeks before it travelled to Copenhagen in 1983. Here is another story related to Tintin's Museum Exhibition in Stockholm.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!