Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin video game: Prisoners of the Sun - how to play

Page  Page 4 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

pauldurdin
Moderator Emeritus
#31 · Posted: 13 Jul 2004 11:31
I remember that level took me ages and ages to work out (fortunately it's a password level!). Jyrki's got it right, but I'll just add for clarification: the rope is wrapped around a rock on a little 'island' in the middle of the waterfall, and once you've got it you have to get right up to the centre top part of the level.

For some reason the game locks up when I run it on this computer, or I'd replay the level and explain in more detail.

Paul
shahrouh
#32 · Posted: 13 Jul 2004 19:52
Thanks, but I still couldn't find the island in the middle of the waterfall because I have to go to the right from the two logs, where I am , and I jump towar the middle of the waterfall, but I can't find the island. Is the island further up?
Jyrki21
#33 · Posted: 14 Jul 2004 04:42
Of the two logs, jumping rightward from the lower one (if i remember!) should land you on the rock 'island.' It should be one of the more obvious rocks, except the rope itself isn't too clear... it just looks like a small white thing wrapped around the top of the rock.
shahrouh
#34 · Posted: 14 Jul 2004 23:27
The logs I'm talking about are not right next to the waterfall, so when I try jumping toward the right I land on a bunch of islands but I don't see a rope.
Jyrki21
#35 · Posted: 16 Jul 2004 10:44
Hmmm... there are only so many points you can jump rightward, so there should only be so many 'islands' to jump onto. Remember, again, the rope doesn't really look like a 'rope' because it's wrapped around the top of the rock.

If I remember, the rock that it's on is quite near the bottom... I believe you can reach it from the land on the right-hand side of the waterfall too.
shahrouh
#36 · Posted: 17 Jul 2004 03:40
How do you reach the land on the right hand side of the waterfall, because when I start off the level I have to run to the right until I reach the waterfall, where I can dive in and swim. But, instead I jump up to a rock platform that leads me higher up. The rock platforms take me to the left and upwards. I then see a rock platform that has water trickling down. On that same platform are two logs. I jump up the two logs to go further up, but then I get Stuck, because there is a rock latform above the upper log that I try to reach by jumping, but I can't. It also has water pouring down from the side of it. If I go far left to more platforms I find some health on a small platform and the waterfall right next to it. If I jump then I fall right back to the bottom again, where the water is. and if I go to the far right without falling I find another health icon. I have no idea where to go. The rock platform on the other side of the waterfall is too far away.
pauldurdin
Moderator Emeritus
#37 · Posted: 18 Jul 2004 23:44
Hmm...I'll go see if I can get the game running on MY computer (not this silly one) and work it all out exactly. :)

Watch this space!

Edit:
Okay, I got it running, and played the level.

You have to jump up and right from the second log -- exactly where you are getting stuck. It's not the easiest jump, but keep trying and you should be able to manage it.

Then it's a matter of making your way up and up, pushing logs and rocks (B key while moving towards them), and jumping around. I'll just say the easiest way to get the rope is to go right to the top, jump as far right as possible, and then make your way back left across the waterfall -- the rope is easier to spot this way.

Paul
shahrouh
#38 · Posted: 20 Jul 2004 00:23
Never mind, I figured out how to beat that level, FINALLY. But, on the next, level, the maze. I can't figure out where to go because all the passages lead to the same places over and over and over again. Does anybody kn ow how I can figure out which passages to take?
shahrouh
#39 · Posted: 22 Jul 2004 17:28
I have finally beat the game!!! Special thanks go out to Jyrki21 and pauldurdin for getting me past some of the tougher levels such as the waterfall, the jungle and the pier. However, I'm still not done entirely with the tintin game series because I also have Tintin in Tibet. I got stuck in a level where Tintin is stuck in a storm outside and he is looking for a shopkeeper. However, along the way I met a girl who said she couldn't cross the flood. I brought a box and placed it down in front of her and she stepped on it. Does anybody know what I have to do next.
pauldurdin
Moderator Emeritus
#40 · Posted: 23 Jul 2004 03:34
There's another box a bit further on in the level - bring it back and put it next to the first box. You may have to move the first box again, but she'll say something when she's done. :)

Paul

Page  Page 4 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!