Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin Magazine: "Voir et Savoir" 'Chromos'

wild_Willie2
#1 · Posted: 15 Mar 2006 09:09
Hi there, I bought this little image at a fair about 10 years ago, but recently got more interested in it.

Has anybody got a clue where it comes from and why it was made and if and where I could purchase some more of them ??
thmthm
#2 · Posted: 16 Mar 2006 02:19
that's funny -
I just reposted my old thread looking for the books these come from. Once in a while they come up on ebay as separate prints but from what I understand, there were 6 Tintin books ...part of the "Voir et Savoir" series - 1979. They included WWII planes, pre-WWII planes, automobiles, Balloons, Ships and I think one on Trains.
Extremely rare ...I think I saw one of them on ebay years ago...if you need more info on this - its covered in the Tintin "Reporters" book
jock123
#3 · Posted: 16 Mar 2006 09:30
I think they were done originally as the separate images, and given away in the Tintin magazine; the books were albums collecting the images. I’ve not looked for them for a while, but the images themselves used to be fairly commonly available, the books tended to be more pricey and rare.
yamilah
#4 · Posted: 16 Mar 2006 14:37
All about the 360 Tintin's vehicles' 'chromos' here!

Link removed.

Moderator Note: Please do not link to sites which contain pirated material. There is a difference between using a single image for legitimate study/ review, and providing access to a complete body of work on an unauthorised site.

You were warned similarly here.

Please remember that the site depends on strict avoidance of copyright infringement to ensure its continued existence.

Many thanks for your cooperation!

The Tintinologist Team

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!