Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin et Moi: Availability of 75th Set with bonus disc (UK)?

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 

Tournesol
#31 · Posted: 25 Apr 2005 11:25
I agree it seems odd. Considering the fact that most of the copies are sold by the same seller, my guess is that these are DVD-R copies.

Argh!
jockosjungle
#32 · Posted: 25 Apr 2005 16:44
I agree with the sentiment that they must be copies, the only way to secure a number of the disks would have been to go to the few retailers selling the new set on release with the disk and paying £30 for it.

Rik
jock123
#33 · Posted: 25 Apr 2005 22:33
jockosjungle
the only way to secure a number of the disks would have been to go to the few retailers selling the new set on release with the disk and paying £30 for it.
Actually, if you worked for the distributor, or even a large shop, there would have been nothing to stop you picking the white sticker off the shrink-wrap which said that it was the set was the special edition, and keeping the disks… Not saying this is happening here, but the possibility exists…

It is known to happen in toy-shops, where, for example, certain action-figures are short-supplied (one or two to a case), making them rare. Rather than ever reaching the hooks, they have been known to get removed first, then released on the private market to collectors.
Tintinrulz
#34 · Posted: 26 Apr 2005 10:12
I was going to bid on one, but now you've scared me! I thought they were legit! Help!
Richard
UK Correspondent
#35 · Posted: 26 Apr 2005 16:40
Well, it's only really speculation that they're copies, it could well be that someone working at Anchor Bay, or a distributor like jock suggested, could have got hold of a few copies. It would be worth emailing the sellers, asking for the providence of the DVDs, and if they're genuine or not. I'd be interested to know how they've got so many, if they are indeed genuine - I think some are still even shrink-wrapped !

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!