Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Ellipse-Nelvana: Where to buy DVDs in Toronto, Canada?

theone
#1 · Posted: 25 Jun 2006 15:25
Is anyone here from Toronto, Canada? I live there (in Scarborough) and I finally got my pay cheque and have enough money to purchase the DVDs that I've been waiting to buy for a LONG time.

But I don't have a credit card and can't order online (I'm 16), and I can't find any store here which would carry it…

Do you guys know any place I can get it, maybe a store that allows you to order or something?
labrador road 26
#2 · Posted: 26 Jun 2006 01:21
Are you talking about the Nelvana versions from 1991? If so then every major record/dvd shop should be able to order it for you, if they don't already have copies in store. Do you have a Virgin Megastore, HMV or similar close by, ask them and they will surely help you getting the films.

Nelvana is a canadian company so they should be quite easy to obtain.
theone
#3 · Posted: 26 Jun 2006 03:58
I have an HMV, but they didn't have any copies and I tried to ask them about getting it and they said it wasn't likely or something like that. I've never heard of Virgin Megastore. Maybe I should contact Nelvana and ask?
labrador road 26
#4 · Posted: 26 Jun 2006 17:42
Get HMV to order the copies for you, not just for the store. Maybe they think that Tintin wouldn't sell (horrible thought) so you must make clear that they should order copies for you only. If the first person you talk to doesn't help you, ask another. They will of course make a profit from this sale and they surely want to make money. Sometimes the staff of this kind of stores are not very helpful but ordering it for you will be quite easy.

This is all based on the assumption that the Nelvana series is on the market. If the internet stores in Canada have it, then every regular store should be able to order it. You can also ask a smaller record/dvd store to order your copies, they might be friendlier to their customers.

I have had record and book stores order for me and they haven't once told me no. I'm in Sweden but the stores shouldn't work any differently in Canada. Good luck in obtaining your copies.
theone
#5 · Posted: 26 Jun 2006 22:08
You were right, I probably worded my request wrong. I called HMV again and specifically asked to order a copy for myself and they placed an order for me. Thanks for the help. I have both box sets on hold (<-very happy)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!