Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Wanted: best Tintin DVD release for learning French

marsbar
#1 · Posted: 18 Jul 2006 13:49
Can anyone help with this query?

Kyle C wrote:
I am currently trying to find the best DVD release of the Tintin series for the purpose of learning French. I have researched the dvd releases quite extensively, but am still confused as to which would be the best suited. Essentially, these are the qualities I'm looking for:
All 21 episodes (ideally)
French + English soundtrack
French + English subtitles
Originally written in french, dubbed in English
Zone 1 - NTSC
If possible, Dolby 5.1 sound (although I'm not sure how much difference it will make).

I do not think there is a release which meets all of these criteria ... the closest I could find was this, which I ordered today [from Amazon Canada] (not available on the US amazon.com). However, one of the reviewers remarked that it was originally in English and dubbed in French ... I'm not sure how much difference this will make (eg. does the French speech not line up as well with the scenes, or what?).
Anyway, if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Kyle

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!