Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Methuen: Poster showing Tintin walking in different costumes

tintinmob
#1 · Posted: 16 Aug 2006 05:46
Hey can any one tell me about this poster?
I bought it a while ago off eBay and the guy said it was from the sixties.

I can't find a picture of it right now and I don't have a digital camera, but I can try and describe it.

It has two strips of blue, the top strip of blue says Tintin in it, the bottom says Methuen; the middle section is white, with pictures of Tintin walking in different costumes from various books.

Also, if I were to sell it what price should I expect?
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#2 · Posted: 16 Aug 2006 10:36
I think I know which one you mean: Tintin is walking left-to-right in several different costumes, starting with Congo, America, then a few others including the space-suit from the Moon books and explorer's outfit from Tibet.

There's an easy way to date it though; if the last image is of Tintin as a sketch taken from Alph-Art, then the poster certainly doesn't date from before 1983 (when Hergé died writing it), or more probably 1986 (when Alph-Art was first published).

I've seen them go on eBay for about £10; I think you'd be lucky to get much over that.
Personally I would keep it for a while as they're no longer made, and can only increase in value.

Ed

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!