Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Valuation Wanted: "60 years of Tintin" advertising display?

nightingall
#1 · Posted: 10 Feb 2007 13:55
Hi,
I have a two dimensional cardboard display item which has Tintin chasing after snowy in the foreground and in the background a big Tintin and 60 - and then underneath '60 years of adventure'. It's a square shape and measures about one foot by one foot. The background is a pale green and the print is black.
I found it in a flea market in Vienna and I wonder if anyone knows anything about it and how much it might be worth - or where I could find out - is there a listing of how much particular collectibles are?
H
tintin_in_arcata
#2 · Posted: 17 Feb 2007 22:34
Hello nightingall,

I have one of those cardboard displays, and it has Calculus on it. It came with a Tintin book a friend in Belgium sent me. I'm not sure what it's worth, but I think you can only get them with the Tintin books.

-Gabe
nightingall
#3 · Posted: 13 Mar 2018 21:53
15 Mar 2018 19:26 - Merged topic:
Tintin 60 years of adventure

I have a cardboard 2d promotional type of window display object with tintin and a big 60 the background and tintin and snowy running in the foreground with 60 years of adventure below. It measures 39cm x 40 cm and is coloured black with a very pale green. Can anyone tell me anything about it and also its value?

Moderator Note:
As you will notice, you had previously posted about this item - albeit more than a decade ago! - so the threads have been merged.

The Tidy Tintinologist Team
dedemax
#4 · Posted: 14 Mar 2018 10:03
I think you can find the answer in a book with a brownish cover with the mention 2018. This book is about 18 cm x 24 cm and it has many pages. ;-)
Balthazar
#5 · Posted: 14 Mar 2018 17:06
Hi, nightingall. This is just a guess,but I'm wondering if it could be a promotional display item connected to the 60 Years of Adventure Tintin exhibition that happened in London in the late 1980s.

There's a great piece about that exhibition here, in this website's Articles section, by one of our forum moderators, Chris Owens (aka Harrock n roll) who worked at the exhibition.

Even if that's what it is, I wouldn't personally know anything about its possible value, I'm afraid (though others on these forums might) but in any case, it sounds like a nice thing to have!

dedemax:
I think you can find the answer in a book with a brownish cover with the mention 2018. This book is about 18 cm x 24 cm and it has many pages. ;-)

I think you may need to be less cryptic with your advice, dedemax! From your winking symbol, I'm guessing you may be assuming you're mentioning a book that will be obvious to all from your description, but I freely admit I have no idea what you mean, and am wondering if other forum readers - including the poster seeking advice - may be similarly in the dark! So do feel free to expand! :)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!