Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin shops: Ottakar's

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#11 · Posted: 4 May 2005 22:14
I thought it was something that you would only be able to find in the official Tintin Shop

You'd be surprised ... even The Tintin Shop isn't currently stocking the Chronologies !

My local Ottakar's unfortunately only stocks some of the cars and the English albums. I remember from when I was in Scotland, the Glasgow branch has a large shark submarine in their World Of Tintin. I must pay a visit to my local Ottakar's with a World Of Tintin, Cheltenham.
tybaltstone
#12 · Posted: 4 May 2005 22:56
I was in Bromley (London/Kent) for a meeting today and went in to the town's Ottakar's at lunch time - it had an enormous Tintin rocket that kids could climb into by way of a ladder, and a large King Ottokar's Sceptre cover on the far wall. Quite impressive!
jockosjungle
#13 · Posted: 6 May 2005 16:32
Wow the only Ottakar's I have ever been in was the one near the exhibition in Greenwich, which had a rather poor selection.

I was in Bromley (London/Kent) for a meeting today and went in to the town's Ottakar's at lunch time - it had an enormous Tintin rocket that kids could climb into by way of a ladder

Come on, admit it. You had a go

Rik
jock123
#14 · Posted: 6 May 2005 16:37
jockosjungle
Come on, admit it. You had a go

LOL!

That sort of reminds me of Billy Connolly’s advice: “Never trust a man who, if left on his own in a room with a tea-cosy for ten minutes, doesn’t try it on like a hat...”
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#15 · Posted: 27 Aug 2005 21:24
I recently went to the Cheltenham branch and took quite a few photos of their fantastic selection. They even had a Red Rackham's Treasure fishtank ! :o)

I'll ask admin if the photos could be put in the gallery ...

--
[Response from Admin: the photos are up--check them out in the gallery (Tintin Shops album)! Many thanks for the nice pics, tintinuk! :-D]
SingingGandalf
#16 · Posted: 6 May 2006 18:29
On their website they actually sell Hergé and Tintin Reporters', which I think is really rare.

It's not there any more :(

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!