Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Valuation: "Blue Lotus-cover Tintin" 4ft resin model

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Harrock n roll
#11 · Posted: 24 Nov 2008 14:29
I'm so glad you were reluctant to look for markings on the piece after I asked if there was a serial no. - I might have indirectly been responsible for thousands of euros worth of damage!

Congratulations on acquiring such a valuable item! And do let us know whether you hear back from Jean-Marie Pigeon and what he says about it.
cannyb
#12 · Posted: 24 Nov 2008 14:31
http://a01-b01.mypicturetown.com/P2PwebCmdController/pictureBank/myPho tos.html

Have finally managed to get some photos uploaded, please let me know what you guys think. Have sent the same pics to Monsieur Pigeon and am awaiting his reply.
Harrock n roll
#13 · Posted: 24 Nov 2008 16:02
You'll need to fix the url - I'm not getting any pictures I'm afraid...
cannyb
#14 · Posted: 24 Nov 2008 16:15
cannyb
#15 · Posted: 7 Jul 2009 12:26
Hi again, well I have been busy all of this time trying to find out whether my Grande Jarre is real or not. I have been in contact with Jean-Marie Pigeon's agent and have now arranged a trip over to his studio in Paris in August. They will hopefully be able to tell me if I did indeed find an absolute bargain. If not, I am more than happy with my purchase, and it has provided many guests with a talking point, they all love him! Will keep you all posted, pics are in the link above.
jock123
#16 · Posted: 7 Jul 2009 17:04
cannyb:
They will hopefully be able to tell me if I did indeed find an absolute bargain.

At which point if it is genuine, you shall have to become “very canny cannyb”!

Good luck!
snowybella
#17 · Posted: 27 Jan 2018 02:00
To curious readers reading the thread years after it was posted and wondering the item's value:

Very canny cannyb posts about her jar and her visit to Pigeon's studio in post 9 of this thread.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!