Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin Games Book

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

rastapopoulos
#1 · Posted: 31 Aug 2004 10:15
[Post moved from 'Would you ever sell tintin books if you got tired of them' (Curious about Tintin forum).]

Rik,
Is the Tintin Games book super rare? I have it too, and I am wondering whats so special with it and why you wouldnt part with it. Its just a games book, not that interesting.
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 31 Aug 2004 11:15
It is very rare. I don't have it but I saw it once on ebay and my library owned a copy until someone nicked it. Thats the problem with good/rare books they are often nicked so everyone else can't enjoy them.

I agree the games book is not all that exciting, its only worth is as a collector's item.
For those of you who wish to have it, there are 2 on ebay at the moment:

http://search.ebay.com/tintin-games-book_W0QQfromZR10QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1QQsospellrecom mendationZ1QQsotrZ2
rastapopoulos
#3 · Posted: 31 Aug 2004 11:50
Cool, I thought it was one of my lesser collectable books! I brought it in Birmingham in the early nineties. Ive hardly touched it! Thanks for the info!
jockosjungle
#4 · Posted: 31 Aug 2004 12:56
Didn't know it was super rare, merely an example of something i haven't even opened in years but still wouldn't part with.

Got it as a Christmas Present!

Rik
germ
#5 · Posted: 1 Sep 2004 03:44
Ha rare??? Well I never!! Why is it rare?? It IMHO seams fairly unrare!!

Ive also got one. I cant remember how i got hold of it though!!
jockosjungle
#6 · Posted: 1 Sep 2004 09:09
Well these two on ebay don't seem to be attracting huge bids

Rik
rastapopoulos
#7 · Posted: 1 Sep 2004 10:18
Im sure the book is rare as I have never seen it reprinted at all, or seen it in the shops since I brought it many years ago. However I still wouldnt expect it to be of great value. Your right about not parting with it though.
Tintinrulz
#8 · Posted: 1 Sep 2004 11:04
No, they aren't worth heaps, just a collectors item as there was only one printing of it in hardback form and one printing in paperback form. Its out of print, so its rare but not worth much.
snafu
#9 · Posted: 2 Mar 2005 15:32
I got the Tintin Games Book back in 1994. I think I got it from a Barnes & Noble store in New York City. I don't recall any other place selling it or seeing a copy other than the one I bought (I knew someone who also had the book, though, but I have no idea where he got it).
jockosjungle
#10 · Posted: 2 Mar 2005 17:39
Since Snafu resurrected this, has anyone got any favourite games from it?

I played it once when a friend came round, but don't really remember much about it

Rik

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!