Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Secret of 'The Unicorn': Hachette announce a part-work model of 'The Unicorn'

jock123
#1 · Posted: 22 Aug 2011 18:17
Here's a real collectible...!

For any members in Belgium or France (it's a limited offer) who are also kit-building enthusiasts, Hachette have announced the introduction of a part-work model of The Unicorn.

In addition to the parts you get workbooks and some gifts; however - as with so many of these offers - I can't see the small print telling me how many weeks/ years it will take to collect the entire ship, so I am unable to say how much the entire project will cost...

It's interesting that the model does not seem to be part of the film merchandising, but is being sold in conjunction with Moulinsart, using the Ellipse-Nelvana cartoon in the advert.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 22 Aug 2011 21:59
On a less-related note, what's also quite interesting is that on the "Discover the collection" page, it states (my translation):

"Hergé having revealed that Tintin measured 1m 60cm, Moulinsart have calculated the model's dimensions by analysing the first pages of The Secret of the Unicorn."

Is there a source for this?

We had this discussion some time ago - could this be a conclusive answer?
jock123
#3 · Posted: 22 Aug 2011 22:59
Richard:
Is there a source for this?

Wasn't there once a wall-measure, for checking a child's height, which was in the form of a picture of a standing Tintin? I wonder if they have taken it from that?

It doesn't strike me as as good as sending Balthazar to Geneva with the Tintinologist office ruler to measure the door of the hotel, but money's tight, so perhaps it will have to suffice...?

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!