Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin video games: Opinions of “Prisoners” & “Tibet”?

rodney
#1 · Posted: 15 Mar 2012 05:04
Hi,

I'm considering purchasing two Tintin games:

Tibet
Prisoners

They would run on a Super Nintendo SNES.

Has anyone played these and can give me an opinion?
I guess I'm not after a masterpiece - if it plays well, has OK graphics then I think I'd purchase them for that novelty alone!

I did a search and only came up with one subject which was about confusion on a particular level, apologies if this has been discussed in the past.
MrCutts
#2 · Posted: 15 Mar 2012 12:01 · Edited by: MrCutts
Hello rodney,
I have seen these games selling on ebay and when I read your post I was interested to see what these games looked like in action. I put 'Tintin snes' into youtube and that brought out some videos of game play for both the games.

I didn't have a snes at the time and haven't played these games. I watched the 'prisoners' game play on youtube and it didn't look too bad. The graphics and game play look to be typical of a late 1990's game but because the graphics are fairly flat I think it suits the subject. The depiction of the characters, I think, are very close to Herge's drawings. Also there are speach bubbles in the style of the books. It's strange when you see how games used to be. If you find the game play videos on youtube you will see for yourself.
tintinophile691
#3 · Posted: 15 Mar 2012 12:22 · Edited by: tintinophile691
According to my PAL copy, the games were released in 1995, a year after Donkey Kong Country (which had excellent graphics), and a year before Lufia II (which had reasonable graphics). In other words, the graphics were terrible for the time!

Also, no self-respecting gamer would want to be caught avoiding random pedestrians in a museum that could actually kill you. The levels are also boring and repetitive. Once you have completed the game, you will not find it a satisfactory experience.

I suggest Gameloft's iPhone movie tie-in game. It was exactly what I thought a Tintin game should be, and more! It actually requires some amount of thought to complete, it's more action-packed than any other Tintin game, and precise reflexes are not completely necessary in order to complete the game. The stealth sections and "laserdisc game" segments felt completely appropriate to Tintin. It's still not completely immune to annoyingly unnecessary levels, though, and collecting blue puzzle pieces as a sidequest feels kind of wrong when you have been born from the prism.

Still, if you want to buy it, feel free to ask me any questions you have about the Super NES! It's one of my most favourite topics to discuss. I've been playing on that console for the last 10 years, it's my absolute favourite of them all, and I've still got plenty of steam!
Cedric
#4 · Posted: 19 Jul 2017 02:56
The gameboy versions are great too!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!